Dr. Jola Pospech
Leibniz-Institute for Catalysis
Junior Research Group Leader
Main current Research interests:
- Streamlined installation of functional groups onto organic frameworks by means of organocatalytic direct functionalization of aliphatic C−H bonds via single-electron transfer processes.
- stereoselective transition metal-catalyzed olefin difunctionalization.
- Synthetic organic chemistry towards natural product total synthesis and late-stage functionalization of xenobiotics.
Selected publications (max. three):
- Emma H. Southgate, Jola Pospech, Junkai Fu, Daniel Holycross, David Sarlah, Dearomative Dihydroxylation with Arenophiles, Nature Chem. 2016, 8, 922–928.
- Mikiko Okumura, Stephanie M. Nakamata Huynh, Jola Pospech, David Sarlah, Arenophile-mediated Dearomative Reduction, Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 10.1002/ange.201609686.
- Lutz Ackermann, Jola Pospech, Ruthenium-Catalyzed Oxidative C–H Bond Alkenylations in Water: Expedient Synthesis of Annulated Lactones Lett. 2011, 13, 4153–4155.